What is KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection 10 mg/mL ?
- KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
- It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area or in children less than 18 years of age.
- Who should not receive KYBELLA®?
- You should not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area.
- Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you: Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin; have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area; have had or have trouble swallowing; have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby); are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®).
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).